Saturday, December 27, 2014

Dominican Republic bound!!!

Hello my friends!! 

Well, here I am again about to lose sight of America's shores! I am leaving for a week and a half to serve in the Dominican Republic with a team of 12 students from my school. This trip is offered through the Tri-S (study, serve & share) program at my school. At Anderson University they offer several trips all over the world for students and most of them are under $2,000. When my mom went to AU she went on many trips through Tri-S, so I've been looking forward to going on one!  

We will be in the city of Santiago and I'm so excited!! For those of you who have followed my blog before when I was is Vietnam a year ago, I've definitely been blessed with many opportunities to travel however, I've never been on a true mission trip like this. I'm not sure what to expect, but I can't wait to experience the DR! My team flies out of Indianapolis tomorrow (Sunday) very early like at 6 am. Because our flight leaves so early tomorrow, my boyfriend Greg and I drove to Indiana this afternoon and we'll stay at my friend's house, who is going on the trip with me, tonight. 

I am going to try to blog everyday because it was such a great success when I traveled to Vietnam. It's fun being able to share my experiences every day to people across the world and it also helps me process and keep a diary of everything that happens during the trip! 

Thanks for reading, I'll talk to you in the Dominican Republic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment