Monday, June 24, 2013

Meeting my Birth Family :D (Bethany's version)

Hi, its Bethany here!!!
Wow!! today was insane! so many crazy, but awesome events happened!! The other day I was not feeling too well, so I sat the day out, and my mom walked into my hotel room and said "would you be interested in meeting your birth mom?" and I JUST woke up, so I was like "yeahh" half asleep!!   
  But thank God I did, because the next day my mom woke me up from my nap, and said 3 simple words, that would change the whole trip..."we found her" I was freaking out!! first shock, the nervousness hit, then I was like "I am so blessed" I can only imagine her sitting at home and receiving a phone call saying your daughter is here, she wants to meet you, get on a bus in a hour! CRAZY right!?!?!?
  So today was the day!! I was informed that she would be coming around dinner time, so in the morning we went to Danang, my home town, to visit a market and get some gifts for my birth mom, then we went out to lunch, and it was around 1 in the afternoon and we were almost at the hotel and my mom comes walking down the aisle and I thought "oh no, what did I do this time" hah and she said "your birth mom is at the hotel" she was at least 5 hours early, so I was not too presentable, and I haven't been able to get all of my thoughts together I just walked into the hotel, and the leader of the group pulled me along and there she was!!!!!!!!!!
  The second she saw me, the tears were flowing! I felt famous, there were flashes of cameras everywhere!!! I wish we could have froze the moment, she cried and cried, and I had the biggest smile on my face.
   All my life I was told I only had a older sister, and this super handsome guy walks in and being me I was like " WHO IS THAT" haha, and my translator was like "he's your brother" and my first reaction was "haha your joking...I HAVE A BROTHER??!!"  yes, I do I guess! I was in shock! and I also found out that my older sister is married and has 2 kids...IM A AUNT!!
  Everybody kept telling me that we looked alike, and we do! Its weird, all my life I have looked at a white mother, now I have a mother that looks just like me!!!!
  We all sat around a table, and I learned a piece of information that broke my heart, my birth moms husband had died right before I was delivered. Its super late, so I will keep you all on the edge, and finish this a bit later!!!