Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Three Favorite Dishes in Vietnam - Day 23 of 30


This past summer, I had the amazing opportunity to visit the country of Vietnam. If you want to look at some of my Vietnam blog posts, go to 2013 in the archive to the left.
I never wanted to leave that country, and I fell in love with the food there. In many places, Vietnamese food is considered to be one of the healthiest cuisines.
 
 
 
  • My first favorite food that I was able to experience is Pho. Pho is known as Vietnam’s unofficial national dish and is eaten for just about any meal (breakfast, lunch and dinner) because it is so filling. It is a dish with rice noodles in a meat based broth. Usually accompanied by basil, lime and other greens.
 
     
  • My second dish, Lychee Fruit is a native fruit to China, and is very popular in Asian countries. It has a pink-red shell encasing a fragrant, juicy white pulp.
 
  • Lastly, freshwater prawns another food that I was able to eat in Vietnam. Freshwater prawns are very widely seen on Vietnamese dinner tables. Freshwater prawns are loosely described as shrimp except that they are larger.
 Traveling is a passion of mine, and I am so glad that I was able to experience Vietnamese culture and enjoy their foods!
 
Talk to you tomorrow!
Marisa
xo
Subscribe, comment and share!

No comments:

Post a Comment