Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Unconditional Love- Day 2 of 30


I learned my lesson yesterday. I got my first virus or almost virus on my laptop.

           I just wanted to download the movie Liar, Liar with Jim Carrey in it, to watch for a group project in speech and then an hour later I kept getting all these pop-ups.

                Needless to say, I was freaked out and didn’t want to touch my computer until I could go to ITS for help the next day.

                WHICH is why, I learned to never download movie playing applications that aren’t certified and also today is technically day three of my research project but is day two since I didn’t blog yesterday because of the virus scare.

                ITS helped me uninstall everything and I’m good now so HERE GOES!

 

I’m talking about the word today. That word that is a bubble for those couples in lines at the amusement park looking so deeply into each other’s eyes that they don’t realize the line moved up 10 minutes ago, that word you use to describe your favorite dessert with fluffy, whipped cream on top and that word that you use to express your thankfulness for your selfless mother and self- sacrificing grandparents.

                                                                Love.

Love is celebrated on Friday, so I thought it would be appropriate. Yeah?

What does love mean to you? That question is asked a lot, but there’s so many directions that it could be taken.

 

In my freshman experience class, LART (“liberal arts” combined), we had to play and present our favorite love song for the class and discuss how it communicated love and what kind of love it was.

Recently, I was over my friend Katie’s sister’s house and they were playing this song called “Dancing in the Minefields” by Andrew Peterson. Ever heard of it? I hadn’t either. But Katie’s sister said when we find husbands, that they need to listen to this song and encompass everything it talks about.

A couple weeks later, and that song is my #1 favorite song now and I played it in front of my LART class today. My friend Katie gets teary eyed when she listens to it and wants it to be played at her wedding.

I’m linking the lyric video to the song so that you can really marinate on the words that Andrew Peterson has to say. The song holds such deep emotions, unconditional love, what is so important in marriage and relationships.
Dancing in the Minefields video- click here

The title of the song “Dancing in the Minefields” relays that in life you must take great care to avoid the hazardous places that exist. And if you do step on a “mine” then you can’t walk away from each other, you have to help each other in getting better.

So what about those hard times that we all will go through? Don’t you think that’s what makes love grow?

                                                Unconditional love.

 Unconditional love is what we all should be trying to live out and celebrate. That kind of love that God demonstrates on us. That’s what I think love means.

It’s the one thing that unites people together through a rough time, the thing that can bring back people together and it’s what should be one of our missions in life…to love unconditionally!

Sometimes it’s hard to love someone. We all have those people, but on this Valentines Day, I challenge you to not only love the people that are easy to love, but love those people in your life (work, school, home…think of that certain someone) that are hard to love. Because yes, they have their reasons for being hard to love, but God loves them with an unconditional love.

So let’s go dancing in the minefields. Let’s go sailing in the storms.

Cause we bear the light of the Son of Man, so there’s nothing left to fear.

Talk to you tomorrow,

Marisa
xo

Sign up on my email list, comment below and share!

No comments:

Post a Comment